Netmatters Reach Significant Ecologi Milestones
12th November 2021
Back in March 2021 we proudly announced that we had hit Carbon Neutral status (https://www.netmatters.co.uk/n...). As part of this article we talked about our commitment to the Ecologi programme (https://ecologi.com/netmatters...). On a monthly basis we offset a proportion of the carbon we produce by planting trees through Ecologi into our virtual forest.
Ecologi then plant trees in the real world on our behalf, which have a real-world impact on helping to reduce atmospheric CO2 levels around the world. Some of the projects that we have been able to support alongside the tree planting include:
- Small scale onshore wind projects in India
- Producing electricity from solar energy in Vietnam
- Protecting old-growth rainforest in Peru
- Protecting lowland peat forest in Indonesia
- Producing energy from waste rice husks in India
- Cleaner cookstoves in Zambia and Ghana
- Converting landfill gas to energy in Northern Turkey
- Geothermal power production in West Java, Indonesia
You can see details of all of the projects that we have supported on our Ecologi profile here: https://ecologi.com/netmatters...
The Ecologi platform gives you a visual understanding of the scope of your forest, and we are thrilled to have met a few milestones already in 2021:
At the time of writing we are working towards planting our 2,000th tree! The amount of carbon that we have been able to offset can be visualised in the following way:
- 108 long haul flights (London to San Fransico)
- 424 m2 of sea iced saved
- 350,516 miles driven in a car
Signing up for Ecologi is simple and easy – and is an opportunity for every business and individual to do their part to help offset their carbon emissions. If you sign up through the Netmatters profile here (https://ecologi.com/netmatters...) for your own forest then Ecologi will plant an additional 30 trees in both your forest and ours.
This is just one of the projects that we have undertaken here at Netmatters to help both reduce our carbon footprint and do what we can to offset what we do produce. You can see more about our environmental policy and work here.