Senior Web Developer / Systems Architect
16th November 2021
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Web Developers or Systems Architect to join the team and grow alongside us as we embark on many new projects and challenges.
We are looking for the right person who can work well in a team and is always eager to learn. You'll need to be comfortable logging your time and writing clear non-technical notes. It's important that you can help others learn, not by giving them the solution but by giving guidance and teaching techniques on how to debug (Stack Overflow!).
About Our Values (How We Work)
Netmatters is dedicated to the welfare and development of all our team members. We want everyone to enjoy a good work life balance and we go above and beyond to ensure this happens. Health and wellbeing are a high priority for us.
Team is at the core of our “Values” and we strive to deliver a positive end to end experience for all including clients and suppliers.
As an ambitious company, we are continuing to grow bringing both challenges and opportunities keeping things interesting.
We fully embrace training and personal development. You will receive a flexible training and development budget that you can use for courses or equipment to support your interests and longer-term ambitions.
Being a conscientious company, we take our responsibilities to the wider community very seriously. We contribute to charities and organize fun sponsored events so all team members can get involved. After years of work, we have achieved carbon neutrality and are now working to take this further.
We have a huge variety of clients in various industries, with projects ranging from landing pages, CMS and eCommerce solutions, through to bespoke business management systems, API integrations and IoT.
Some Specifics Of The Role:
You'll be working on a wide range of projects, joining a large technical team of 30+ developers. You'll be part of a smaller squad of developers to give plenty of support and a Project Manager to help organise and liaise with customers.
Projects range from small websites to large eCommerce systems, Bespoke CRMs, Unreal Engine and mobile apps. You'll be working to the GIT Flow standard and deploying your work to Develop, Staging and then Live environments.
We find people thrive when they're doing something they enjoy, so be sure to let us know! If you have an eye for front end design or analysing business data; we'll do everything we can to arrange projects you'll excel at.
What You Should Bring:
- Strong ability to write modern, well structured, OO-PHP.
- Experience working with the Laravel framework.
- Strong understanding of MySQL, including database design best practices and query optimisation.
- Experience building high-quality UIs with frontend frameworks such as Vue or React
- Solid understanding of best practices around coding standards, security, and performance.
- Experience consuming and developing RESTful APIs.
- Confident working with Git and conducting code reviews.
- Willingness and confidence in mentoring more junior developers.
- Able to confidently estimate on timescales and deliver works within budget.
Extra Skills That Would Be Great:
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Experience using a Linux command line / AWS / DigitalOcean / Azure.
- Experience with Microsoft products / tooling such as SharePoint, PowerBI, C#, ASP.NET.
- Mobile development such as Flutter.
What We Offer To You
- The opportunity to be a part of something great and thoroughly enjoyable.
- A collaborative environment that is both challenging and supportive.
- Long-term Illness protection (Income Protection).
- Flexible working hours dependent on role.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising to 35 days in recognition of long service.
- The opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- A blend of office and home working dependent on role.
- Free flu jabs to keep you healthy.
- Access to Perkbox with free phone insurance, breakdown cover, and other great deals.
- Interest-free 12-month loans to support you when there are unexpected expenses.
- Lunch and Learn Sessions – staff or guest speakers deliver learning sessions on varied topics with lunch provided by us.
- Recognition for exceptional performance through monthly Notable awards with monthly prizes awarded to the ‘Notable of Notables’.
- End of year awards ceremony where winners receive recognition and a well-earned prize including vouchers and perhaps your favourite beverage.
- Comprehensive development plans to promote personal development whatever your aspirations.
- A structured workflow to promote mental health allows you to focus on the task at hand and leave work at work when you’ve finished for the day.
- Flexible Profit share/training & development budget for all staff.
- Access to our fully equipped in-house gym and showers 24/7.
- Free fruit for all to help with your 5 a day.
- Free access to an amazing confidential personal life coach to promote good mental health.
- A comprehensive program of funded events so you can choose to get involved beyond your working day, football, BBQs, running, cycling, nights out and so much more.
- Real advancement opportunities for any technical or managerial aspirations you may have.
- Recognition of life events so we celebrate with you.
- Have your say through multiple feedback routes, allowing you to actively shape the Netmatters of the future.
- Open-plan offices with break-out areas including gaming setups for lunchtime competitions.
- Outside seating area with BBQs.
- Parking available for all staff at all locations with electric car charging points.
- Work with an organisation committed to reducing it's environmental impact across the board and have input into how we go about this. We are currently Silver Status under the Carbon Charter and working towards Gold.
Some More About Us
Netmatters currently has around 90 team members working from home or one of our three office locations; Cambridge, Wymondham and Great Yarmouth.
Over the last 13 years, we have grown steadily in a controlled manner, ensuring we always stay TRUE to our values and take pride in our transparency and honesty. Our mission is to drive exceptional business growth for our clients by combining best advice and practice, with a dynamic range of technology solutions.
If this gets your motor humming then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.