Senior Support Technician
17th May 2022
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Senior Support Technician to join the team and grow alongside us as we embark on many new projects and challenges.
About Our Values (How We Work)
Netmatters is dedicated to the welfare and development of all our team members. We want everyone to enjoy a good work life balance and we go above and beyond to ensure this happens. Health and wellbeing are a high priority for us.
Team is at the core of our “Values” and we strive to deliver a positive end to end experience for all including clients and suppliers.
As an ambitious company, we are continuing to grow bringing both challenges and opportunities keeping things interesting.
We fully embrace training and personal development. You will receive a flexible training and development budget that you can use for courses or equipment to support your interests and longer-term ambitions.
Being a conscientious company, we take our responsibilities to the wider community very seriously. We contribute to charities and organize fun sponsored events so all team members can get involved. After years of work, we have achieved carbon neutrality and are now working to take this further.
Some Specifics Of The Role:
The successful candidate's first few weeks will include some of the below activities:
- Setting up and supporting computer networks.
- Building new servers to customer specification.
- Support for PCs and servers remotely and on-site (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016).
- Installing PCs/ upgrading software.
- Administration of IP phone systems (via web-based interface).
- Supporting customer applications (training provided).
- Working with a diverse client base in different industry sectors
- Taking on technical lead responsibilities helping to shape and develop clients long-term IT strategies.
- Expose to different and new technologies tailored to clients' specific needs and requirements.
- Opportunity to specialise in specific industry sectors helping to shape and develop the platform.
- All applicants must have a right to work in the UK.
What You Should Bring:
- Excellent level of technical knowledge.
- Knowledge in a structured approach to solve IT issues.
Extra Skills That Would Be Great:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in supporting SME.
What We Offer To You
- The opportunity to be a part of something great and enjoyable.
- A salary based on experience with frequent salary reviews to ensure you are rewarded properly.
- A collaborative environment that is both challenging and supportive.
- A structured workflow to promote mental health allowing you to focus on the task in hand but also leave work at work when you’ve finished for the day.
- Long term Illness protection (Income Protection).
- Flexible Profit share/training & development budget for all staff.
- Flexible working hours dependent on role.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising to 38 days in recognition of long service.
- The option to buy and sell holiday.
- A blend of office and home working dependent on role.
- Access to our fully equipped in-house gym and showers 24/7.
- Free flu jabs to keep you healthy.
- Free fruit for all to help with your 5 a day.
- Free access to an amazing confidential personal life coach to promote good mental health.
- Access to Perkbox with free phone insurance, breakdown cover and other great deals.
- Interest free 12-month loans to support you when there are unexpected expenses.
- A comprehensive program of funded events so you can choose to get involved beyond your working day, football, BBQs, running, cycling, nights out and so much more.
- Lunch and Learn Sessions – staff or guest speakers deliver learning sessions on varied topics with lunch provided by us.
- Real advancement opportunities for any technical or managerial aspirations you may have.
- Recognition for exceptional performance through monthly Notable awards with monthly prizes awarded to the ‘Notable of Notables’.
- End of year awards ceremony where winners receive recognition and a well-earned prize including vouchers and perhaps your favourite beverage.
- Recognition of life events so we celebrate with you.
- Have your say through multiple feedback routes, allowing you to actively shape the Netmatters of the future.
- Comprehensive development plans to promote personal development whatever your aspirations.
- Open plan offices with break out areas including gaming setups for lunchtime competitions.
- Outside seating area with BBQ’s.
- Parking available for all staff at all locations with electric car charging points.
- Weekly company funded football.
Some More About Us
Netmatters currently has over 100+ team members and growing, working from home or one of our three office locations; Cambridge, Wymondham and Great Yarmouth.
Over the last 13 years, we have grown steadily in a controlled manner, ensuring we always stay TRUE to our values and take pride in our transparency and honesty. Our mission is to drive exceptional business growth for our clients by combining best advice and practice, with a dynamic range of technology solutions.
If this gets your motor humming then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.