Mid-Level Web Developer
27th September 2023
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a tenacious and driven Mid Level Web Developer to join our accomplished team here at Netmatters as we embark on many new projects and challenges.
About Our Values (How We Work)
Netmatters is dedicated to the welfare and development of all our team members. We want everyone to enjoy a good work-life balance and we go above and beyond to ensure this happens. Health and wellbeing are a high priority for us.
Teamwork is at the core of our values and we strive to deliver a positive end-to-end experience for all, including our clients and suppliers.
As an ambitious company, we are continuing to grow, bringing both challenges and opportunities that will keep you engaged and make your day-to-day work interesting.
We fully embrace the need for training and personal development. As such, we offer additional learning courses that help nurture your personal interests and long-term ambitions.
Being a conscientious company, we take our responsibilities to the wider community very seriously. We contribute to charities and organise fun sponsored events so all team members can get involved. After years of work, we have achieved carbon neutrality and are now working to take this further.
What you should bring:
- Ability to write modern OOP PHP
- Experience working with the Laravel framework
- Relational databases such as MySql or Postgres
- Experience building UIs with frontend frameworks such as Vue
- Confident working with Git
- Working within a team
Some specifics of the role
- You'll be working on a wide range of projects, joining a large technical team of 30+ developers. You'll be part of a smaller squad of developers to give plenty of support and working with a Project Manager to help organise and liaise with customers.
- Projects range from small websites to large eCommerce systems, Bespoke CRMs, Unreal Engine and mobile apps. You'll be working to the GIT Flow standard and deploying your work to Develop, Staging and then Live environments.
- We find people thrive when they're doing something they enjoy, so be sure to let us know! If you have an eye for front end design or analysing business data; we'll do everything we can to arrange projects you'll excel at.
Extra skills that would be great:
- Experience using a Linus command line / AWS / DigitalOcean / Azure
- Experience in mobile development e.g. Java, Swift or Flutter
- Experience with Microsoft products / tooling such as Sharepoint, Power BI, C#, ASP.NET
- Experience building/consuming REST APIs
- Experience using a Linux command line
- Experience in use of Docker
- Mobile development such as Flutter
What We Offer To You
- A competitive Salary with frequent salary reviews to ensure you are rewarded properly.
- Parking available for all staff at all locations.
- Recognition for exceptional performance through monthly Notable awards with monthly prizes awarded to the ‘Notable of Notables'.
- End of year awards ceremony where winners receive recognition and a well-earned prize including vouchers and perhaps your favourite beverage.
- Real advancement opportunities for any technical or managerial aspirations you may have.
- The opportunity to be a part of something great and thoroughly enjoyable.
- A collaborative environment that is both challenging and supportive.
- A structured workflow to promote mental health that allows you to focus on the task at hand while also allowing you to leave work at work when you’ve finished for the day.
- Short-term sick pay.
- Long-term Illness protection (Income Protection).
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Packages.
- Parental Returners Programme.
- Flexible profit share for all staff.
- We strive to make sure all our staff have a good work/life balance so all flexible working requests will be considered.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising to 35 days in recognition of long service.
- The option to buy and sell holiday.
- A blend of office and home working.
- Inhouse gym and showers 24/7.
- Vitality private health insurance to ensure the best physical and mental well-being of all employees.
- Electric car scheme available after 12 months of service.
- Free flu jabs every year.
- Free fruit for all to help with your 5 a day.
- Free access to an amazing confidential personal life coach to promote good mental health.
- Access to Perkbox with free phone insurance, breakdown cover and other great deals.
- Interest free 12-month loans to support you when there are unexpected expenses.
- A comprehensive program of funded events so you can choose to get involved beyond your working day, football, BBQs, running, cycling, nights out and so much more.
- Lunch and Learn Sessions – staff or guest speakers deliver learning sessions on varied topics with lunch provided by us.
- Recognition of life events so we celebrate with you.
- Have your say through multiple feedback routes, allowing you to actively shape the Netmatters of the future.
- Comprehensive development plans to promote personal development whatever your aspirations.
- Open plan offices with break out areas including gaming setups for lunchtime competitions.
- Outside seating area with BBQ’s.
Some More About Us
Over the last 13 years, we have grown steadily and in a controlled manner, ensuring we always stay TRUE to our values and take pride in our transparency and honesty.
Our mission: to drive exceptional business growth for our clients by combining best advice and practice with a dynamic range of technology solutions.