25th November 2021
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a highly motivated Operations Manager to join the team and grow alongside us as we embark on many new projects and challenges. We are looking for the right person who can join the Administrative Department(s) team and manage out the day to day operational challenges of the organisation, working with the Operations Director to achieve this.
The operations manager will play a vital role in ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the business run smoothly. You will be responsible for ensuring that effective processes & procedures are put into place so that the company runs to its maximum productivity. You will be expected to harness a working environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity. To achieve this, you should have strong leadership and excellent problem-solving skills along with good communication skills.
This role requires someone with the ability to think on their feet and make quick decisions with little hesitation.
About Our Values (How We Work)
Netmatters is dedicated to the welfare and development of all our team members. We want everyone to enjoy a good work life balance and we go above and beyond to ensure this happens. Health and wellbeing are a high priority for us.
Team is at the core of our “Values” and we strive to deliver a positive end to end experience for all including clients and suppliers.
As an ambitious company, we are continuing to grow bringing both challenges and opportunities keeping things interesting.
We fully embrace training and personal development. You will receive a flexible training and development budget that you can use for courses or equipment to support your interests and longer-term ambitions.
Being a conscientious company, we take our responsibilities to the wider community very seriously. We contribute to charities and organize fun sponsored events so all team members can get involved. After years of work, we have achieved carbon neutrality and are now working to take this further.
We have a huge variety of clients in various industries, with projects ranging from landing pages, CMS and eCommerce solutions, through to bespoke business management systems, API integrations and IoT.
Some Specifics Of The Role:
You'll be working as part of the Administrative Departments (Admin/HR/Accounts) of the company. The core function of this role is to ensure the business support functions covered by the Administrative Team(s) run smoothly on a day to day basis, this is to be managed around holiday and other absences of team members. In short a business function can’t stop if a single person is on leave – this will require a high level of versatility and managing to ensure the wider team are trained and can cover each other so it’s business as usual all day every day.
The Administrative department(s) have SLA’s which have been set so other departments know what they can expect & keep their requests within this framework (unless a greater business need is identified). The Operations Manager will need a can-do attitude, be a solid team player and be happy and prepared to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
The department is in place to “keep the billing guys billing and the sales guys selling” with everything else being with the Operations Team to handle. This role will be supported by the Operations director who will be working to longer term time frames whereas the operations manager’s focus will be day to day/ week to week.
Functions Of The Operations Manager:
- Conduct office management tasks
- Ensure safety regulations are adhered to (working with Health & Safety Consultants)
- Implement measure to provide motivation for employees (Staff engagement working with the HR Team/department managers)
- Assist customer service departments and assess that they are meeting customer satisfaction goals (using an ISO framework for Quality Management)
- Prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation
- Communicate information to all teams (via news articles, training Videos, meetings (face to face/ Video).
- Perform training sessions with individuals/teams and managers
- Implement quality management and regulatory compliance strategies (using an ISO 9001 framework for Quality Management & ISO 270001 for Data Security with support from external consultants)
- Based as part of the Administration Team (Admin/HR/Accounts) – organising cover and managing absences, reviewing workflow and improving processes and procedures to ensure the administrative departments serve the needs of the wider business in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implementation of business measures.
- New guidelines or strategies.
- Work jointly with other department heads especially senior business managers.
- Work to improve the working environment.
- Work to improve the business processes of a company.
- Aim to strengthen team relationships to ensure the successful continuance of business operations.
What We Offer To You
- The opportunity to be a part of something great and thoroughly enjoyable.
- A collaborative environment that is both challenging and supportive.
- Long-term Illness protection (Income Protection).
- Flexible working hours dependent on role.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising to 35 days in recognition of long service.
- The opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- A blend of office and home working dependent on role.
- Free flu jabs to keep you healthy.
- Access to Perkbox with free phone insurance, breakdown cover, and other great deals.
- Interest-free 12-month loans to support you when there are unexpected expenses.
- Lunch and Learn Sessions – staff or guest speakers deliver learning sessions on varied topics with lunch provided by us.
- Recognition for exceptional performance through monthly Notable awards with monthly prizes awarded to the ‘Notable of Notables’.
- End of year awards ceremony where winners receive recognition and a well-earned prize including vouchers and perhaps your favourite beverage.
- Comprehensive development plans to promote personal development whatever your aspirations.
- A structured workflow to promote mental health allows you to focus on the task at hand and leave work at work when you’ve finished for the day.
- Flexible Profit share/training & development budget for all staff.
- Access to our fully equipped in-house gym and showers 24/7.
- Free fruit for all to help with your 5 a day.
- Free access to an amazing confidential personal life coach to promote good mental health.
- A comprehensive program of funded events so you can choose to get involved beyond your working day, football, BBQs, running, cycling, nights out and so much more.
- Real advancement opportunities for any technical or managerial aspirations you may have.
- Recognition of life events so we celebrate with you.
- Have your say through multiple feedback routes, allowing you to actively shape the Netmatters of the future.
- Open-plan offices with break-out areas including gaming setups for lunchtime competitions.
- Outside seating area with BBQs.
- Parking available for all staff at all locations with electric car charging points.
- Work with an organisation committed to reducing it's environmental impact across the board and have input into how we go about this. We are currently Silver Status under the Carbon Charter and working towards Gold.
Some More About Us
Netmatters currently has around 90 team members working from home or one of our three office locations; Cambridge, Wymondham and Great Yarmouth.
Over the last 13 years, we have grown steadily in a controlled manner, ensuring we always stay TRUE to our values and take pride in our transparency and honesty. Our mission is to drive exceptional business growth for our clients by combining best advice and practice, with a dynamic range of technology solutions.
If this gets your motor humming then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.